August 22, 6:30-8:30. Freedom is not Free. Meet Barbara Favola and Rip Sullivan re what is happening in Richmond. Home of Jack Hastings 2812 25thSt N. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org (Freedom Is Not Free is an Arlington community innovation hub supporting elections and big ideas that get people plugged in. Speakers get an opportunity to test groundbreaking ideas, recruit volunteers and educate the Arlington community. Contactcommunityinnovationhub@gmail.com
August 27, 5:00 pm, Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting, Walter Reed Community & Senior Center and Park, Multipurpose Room A
September 2, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm, Open Door Monday, Langston-Brown Community Center, 2121 N Culpeper St 22207. Address any topic with county board member. https://countyboard.arlingtonva.us/open-door-mondays/
September 6, 12:00 pm-3:30 pm, Plan Lee Highway: Open Design Studio, Russell Building, Lee Highway Alliance – Suite 208 , Contact: email@example.com
September 9, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm, Open Door Monday, Arlington Mill Senior Center, 909 S Dinwiddie St.
22204, Address any topic with county board member. https://countyboard.arlingtonva.us/open-door-mondays/
September 9, 7:00 pm, Planning Commission Hearing, Ellen M. Bozman Government Center (Courthouse Plaza), County Board Room . Contact: Gizele Johnson Phone: 703-228-3525
September 12, 7:00 pm, Planning Commission Hearing (carryover), Ellen M. Bozman Government Center (Courthouse Plaza), County Board Room (3rd floor) . Contact: Gizele Johnson Phone: 703-228-3525
September 12, 7:00 pm, Housing Commission, Ellen M. Bozman Government Center (Courthouse Plaza), Room 311,https://commissions.arlingtonva.us/housing/
September 16, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm, Open Door Monday, Central Library, Address any topic with attending county board member. https://countyboard.arlingtonva.us/open-door-mondays/
What you can do to keep land and trees in Arlington:
- Email comments to County Board members and speak at CB meetings (firstname.lastname@example.org), County Manager (Mschwartz@arlingtonva.us), and Vincent Verweij, urban forester Department of Parks and Recreation (email@example.com). Even as simple a comment as “respect the need for land” works.
- Join Arlington County commissions to be a voice for responsible action on green space preservation. You can sit in on the meetings to learn about them.
- Join your Arlington Civic Federation neighborhood association! Speak up as the county pays attention to CivFed!
- Like ATAG on Facebook! Follow on twitter and find resources on ATAG website. Click for Complete Arlington County public meeting calendar
- Arlington County Fair! Fri., August 16 – Sun. Aug. 18
Arlington Tree Action Group (ATAG) is a network of citizens working to preserve and grow Arlington, Virginia’s urban forest to keep Arlington green and fulfill the Vision stated in the Arlington County’s Urban Forest Master Plan 2004 (currently being updated).