Chesapeake Bay Foundation Webinar
The Bay Act: Current, Past, and Future
Tuesday, February 16th ~ 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
The Foundation is sponsoring this webinar to inform citizens about Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act, enacted more than 30 years ago, was designed to curb nutrient and sediment pollution to the Chesapeake Bay through sound land-use practices that minimize the disturbance and development of environmentally-sensitive coastal areas.
Proposed new regulations under the Bay Act are being fleshed out right now to encourage and promote the preservation and planting of trees, as well as adaptation to sea-level rise and climate change impacts.
Listen to their panel of experts to learn more about the history and future of the Bay Act, and how you can support further shoreline protection and improved water quality. Registration is required. Find out more here.
- Jay Ford, Virginia Policy and Grassroots Advisor, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Joe Maroon, Executive Director, Virginia Environmental Endowment
- Skip Stiles, Executive Director, Wetlands Watch
- Justin Williams, Director, Office of Watersheds & Local Government Assistance Programs, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Patrick Fanning, Virginia Staff Attorney, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Questions? Registered previously but cannot attend? Please contact Kati McCarter at email@example.com or 757-710-9236.